You may have been given lots of varying advice when it comes to cleaning your leather couch or recliner but it’s actually very simple.
First a warning
It is very important to avoid using harsh chemical cleaners as that may damage the leather permanently. Be sure to use cleaners specifically made for leather and water based if possible. A small amount of very mild soap in water is the next best option if you can’t purchase a proper cleaner.
How to clean your leather couch or recliner
- Start by attaching a brush to your vacuum.
- Then vacuum the leather to clear up any debris and dust that might be settled into certain grooves of your recliner.
- Prepare a microfibre cloth (or very soft cloth) and a water based leather cleaner.
- Next use your cloth and leather cleaner to gently clean up any stains or spots that you want removed. Gently apply the leather cleaner in circular movements and avoid any hard rubbing.
- After cleaning, it’s important to ensure the leather is dry by wiping over it again with a dry microfibre or soft cloth.
- Finally, to finish the job off perfectly you can treat your recliner with a leather nourisher/conditioner followed up by a leather protector. The conditioner will help rejuvenate the leather while the protector helps stop future spots and stains.
We hope this advice on how to clean your leather couch helps yours to look fantastic for years to come.
If you ever need any cleaners or replacement parts, please check our online recliner parts shop. We offer excellent prices and shipping all over Australia.